How to add Hetzner Storage Box as a Backup node in SolusIO?
- Connect to SolusIO management node via SSH
- Generate SSH key pair using default settings:
Note: SSH key should be created without passphrase
- convert the SSH key into RFC4716 format:
# ssh-keygen -e -f .ssh/id_rsa.pub | grep -v "Comment:" > .ssh/id_rsa_rfc.pub
- Create the necessary authorized_keys file for transferring it to Storage Box:
# cat .ssh/id_rsa_rfc.pub >> storagebox_authorized_keys
- Transfer the key to Storage Box:
# echo -e "mkdir .ssh \n chmod 700 .ssh \n put storagebox_authorized_keys .ssh/authorized_keys \n chmod 600 .ssh/authorized_keys" | sftp <username>@<username>.your-storagebox.de
Replace <username> with the corresponding username provided by Hetzner.
- Login to SolusIO admin panel
- Browse to SolusIO > Backups > Backup Nodes and click Add Backup Node
- In pop-up windows select Hetzner Storage Box, fill in the Storage Box details and click Save. The private SSH key created in steps 3 is located in /root/.ssh/id_rsa on SolusIO Management Node:
Please sign in to leave a comment.