Is Virtuozzo 7.5 supported with SolusIO + WHMCS?
It is possible to install SolusIO on the Compute Resource server with Virtuozzo, see the link for your reference with the announcement - https://virtuozzosupport.force.com/s/article/VZA-2020-043.
However, there are limitations regarding this use case - it is possible to create only VPSs with the KVM virtualization type on that CRs (not OpenVZ containers).
There are other limitations:
- Required versions: Virtuozzo Hybrid Server 7.0.14-249 or newer, SolusIO 1.1.10209 or newer.
- Only virtual machines are supported.
- It is recommended to backup/restore running VMs using Virtuozzo Hybrid Server (formerly Virtuozzo 7) built-in backups. They offer improved data consistency and provide more functionality, including incremental backups, compression, and such.
Note: Backup of VPSs made via SolusIO on the Virtuozzo server is integrated into the system.
This statement is only a recommendation. The Virtuozzo Team suggests using their backup mechanism due to the platform specifics.
But you still can use SolusIO for that purpose - the final decision is up to you.
- Make sure to add plans with QCOW2 disks only.
- Do not mix SolusIO VMs and Virtuozzo VMs on the same node.
Please sign in to leave a comment.