How to make Windows KVM guest to work with VirtIO Network Driver?
- Connect to the slave KVM node via SSH
- Enable virtio-win repository:
# wget https://fedorapeople.org/groups/virt/virtio-win/virtio-win.repo -O /etc/yum.repos.d/virtio-win.repo
- Install the virtio-win package:
# yum install virtio-win
- Attach the ISO image with VirtIO drivers to the Windows KVM VPS in question:
# virsh attach-disk kvmID /usr/share/virtio-win/virtio-win-0.1.141.iso hdc --type cdrom --mode readonly
kvmID should be replaced with actual ID of the VPS
- Connect to the VPS via VNC and install VirtIO Network driver from the mounted ISO image
Note: That Windows 2008/2012 templates provided by SolusVM (http://templates.solusvm.com/kvm/) already have VirtIO Network Driver installed. The article can be useful for custom Windows templates.