How to move/migrate the SolusVM Master to the new server?
- Deploy the new dedicated server and install Master SolusVM on it
- Backup the database of the source Master SolusVM, browse to Dashboard > Tools > Database and click on Download
Parts of SolusVM Master database are encoded using a unique encryption key stored in /usr/local/solusvm/includes/solusvm.conf. The format of the solusvm.conf is as follows:
CONFIG_TEXT: <DATABASENAME>:<USER>:<PASSWORD>:<HOST>:<the key is the last entry>Replace the <the key is the last entry> part in the solusvm.conf on the new server with <the key is the last entry> part from the solusvm.conf from the old server
WARNING: If this step is missing, non of your passwords or slave connections will work.
- After that upload the mysql dump of the SolusVM database to the new server and restore it on the new server:
# /usr/bin/mysql --user=USER --password=PASSWORD DATABASENAME < database.sql
USER, PASSWORD, DATABASE should be taken from the new solusvm.conf file
- If the IP address of the SolusVM Master server has been changed after transferring, remove the following file on the every slave server
- Do not forget to move templates from the old server to the new one. The location of templates is below:
/home/solusvm/kvm/templates - for KVM templates
/home/solusvm/xen/templates - for Xen templates
/vz/templates/cache - for OpenVZ templates