How to migrate VPS from one SolusIO infrastructure to another SolusIO infrastructure?
There is no such feature in SolusIO that allows migration between two SolusIO infrastructures. The existing migration feature supports transfer between CR nodes that belong to the same SolusIO installation.
An improvement request has been passed to the Development Team - the ID is SIO-2863
As a workaround, apply the following scenario:
Warning: the scenario is not fully tested and not supported. Use at your risk
Note: Assume the VPS is being migrated from Master A (Compute Resource X) to Master B (Compute Resource Y)
- Log in to the SolusIO Master B admin interface
- Create a new VPS with the same parameters as on Master A
- Find the UUID of the needful VPS on Master A:
Get Hypervisor ID of VPS in SolusIO > Virtual Servers:Example of UUID
- Log in to the Compute Resouce X via SSH
- Find on Compute Resouce X the content of VPS that is required to migrate with the below command:
# virsh domblklist <ID>
Note: replace <ID> with the actial Hypervisor IDHere /var/lib/libvirt/images/388/468c2ba5ab8b70016908b774297966ef - path to image file
- Transfer the VPS data file (/var/lib/libvirt/images/388/468c2ba5ab8b70016908b774297966ef) from Compute Resouce X to Compute Resouce Y manually using SCP or rsync
Note: In case the white blank page is shown in Master B noVNC console after the migration, apply the article