- Update preparation task got hung - it is just loading at SolusIO > System Updates
- The task prepare installer for version update at SolusIO > Tasks is in Queued status
- There is the following error in the logs /var/log/solus/installer.log:
CONFIG_TEXT: time="2020-05-15 09:30:07" level=info msg="failed to self-update from \"http://installer.dev.solusvm.com/testing/1.1.10040/installer\": rename /usr/local/solus/bin/installer /usr/local/solus/bin/.installer.old: no such file or directory"
time="2020-05-15 09:30:07" level=error msg="failed to self-update: rename /usr/local/solus/bin/installer /usr/local/solus/bin/.installer.old: no such file or directory"
time="2020-05-15 09:30:12" level=info msg="going to restart after self-update"
- solus-update service is not running:
# systemctl status solus-update
● solus-update.service - SOLUS IO update service
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/solus-update.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2020-05-19 04:40:09 UTC; 17s ago
Process: 8150 ExecStart=/usr/local/solus/bin/installer -run-update-service (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
Process: 8148 ExecStartPre=/bin/chmod 640 /var/log/solus (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 8142 ExecStartPre=/bin/mkdir -p /var/log/solus (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 8150 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
The file /usr/local/solus/bin/installer is missing.
- Connect to SolusIO Master via SSH
- Download the latest installer version and add execution permission to it:
# wget install.solus.io/latest -O /usr/local/solus/bin/installer
# chmod +x /usr/local/solus/bin/installer
- Start solus-update service:
# systemctl start solus-update
- Wait for 3-5 minutes for all the related services to load