Root password does not work during VPS creation or Password reset in SolusVM after an update to version 1.28.13.
SolusVM bug with ID #SVM-3755 that has been fixed in version 1.28.14.
Update SolusVM to the latest Mainline version.
For already affected VPSes where the newly generated password does not work, reset it using the following steps:
- Log in to the SolusVM Admin/Client UI.
- Navigate to the affected VPS and open the noVNC window.
- Reboot the VPS from the UI and monitor the state in the noVNC window.
- On the GRUB screen press the
ekey to edit the first boot entry:
- From the grub options, find the line that starts with “linux” and go to the end of it. Enter
rd.breakat the end of this line:
- Press Ctrl-x.
- Use the below commands to generate a new root password:
# mount -o rw,remount /sysroot/
# chroot /sysroot
# passwd root
- Enter the new root password and complete resetting with the below commands:
# touch /.autorelabelSee the screenshot for reference:
# mount -o ro,remount /sysroot
- Wait until the OS is booted and enter the newly created root password.
After this, use the SolusVM Root Password reset functionality as usual for the new and old VPSes.
Please sign in to leave a comment.